Campus Location: Melbourne, Australia
Job No: APTAV119903#002
- Conduct high-level research for the Medieval and Early Modern Studies (MEMS) Program
- Full time, fixed-term role for 5 years based at Melbourne campus
About the role:
As Research Fellow you will produce high-quality research to contribute to and strengthen the University’s research profile, and more specifically the research profile of the Institute. Research Fellow will have research expertise in medieval studies, specifically the area of medievalism (historical, creative, aesthetic, material and political interpretations of the Middle Ages in contemporary contexts), and will augment the current work of the MEMS program and Institute in areas such as (but not limited to) cultural memory, global and religious mobilities, histories of sexuality and gender, literary and historical studies, theory and critique. Through individual and collaborative research and publications, and participating in Institute activities, the Research Fellow will help to enhance the national and international research profile of both MEMS and the Institute.
You will need to have:
- A PhD in historical or literary studies.
- Eligibility to submit an ARC DECRA or Future Fellowship application during the 5-year appointment period.
- A research record of outstanding publications in highly regarded scholarly outlets relevant to the field, and demonstrated successful collaborative research experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to attract external research grant funding.
- Demonstrated ability to participate as part of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise or honours or higher degree research students or projects.
- Demonstrated ability to engage a wide public audience in chosen field of expertise.
General enquiries can be sent to Megan Cassidy-Welch.