The AEMA Committee would like to invite applications from people interested in being the next AEMA Social Media Officer!
Key aspects of this role include:
- monitoring the main AEMA accounts on Twitter and Facebook (there is also a Facebook group which is moderated by Erica) as well as actively posting new content where appropriate;
- liaising with the Communications Officer and Newsletter Editor to promote both the Newsletter, the Gazette, and other material as necessary;
- managing the academia account;
- participating in the general work of the AEMA committee (drafting CFPs, organising the annual conference, attending committee meetings, assisting with JAEMA proofreading);
- ideally, the Social Media Manager will also assist with the Gazette;
- above all, promoting the association, JAEMA, the conference, and our members.
In your expression of interest, please include a brief statement on your interests and what you can bring to the role as well as a brief outline of any relevant skills and experience you may have. However, prior experience is not required as we will be able to teach you! We would especially encourage graduate and early-career scholars to apply. Please note that this position, like all others on the AEMA committee, is a volunteer role which would likely require an average commitment of (at first) 5-10 hours/week, at least in the initial stages as you learn the ropes, and in the lead up to important AEMA events. An ongoing commitment would be around 2-3 hours/week.
While non-AEMA members are welcome to put forth an application, it is to be expected that the successful applicant will join/re-join AEMA if they are not already a current financial member.
At present, the deadline for this EOI will be 31 October 2022, however applications will be assessed as they arrive. Please email your application to the Communications Officer, Erica Steiner.