Your experience and profile:
- a PhD in Medieval History. Affinity for interdisciplinary and trans-regional perspectives is considered a plus;
- an international academic network in the research area concerned;
- active and ambitious researcher with a strong publication record, commensurate with the level of the position;
- demonstrable ability and ambition to obtain external research grants;
- broad and relevant teaching experience, preferably at both the BA and MA level;
- excellent command of Dutch and English. If Dutch is not the mother tongue, an active and passive command must be acquired within two years of the employment contract and the state examination for Dutch as a Second Language programme II must be passed;
- experience with digital and audiovisual teaching facilities and affinity with IT in university teaching;
- willing to take an active part in the administrative and collegial life in the Department;
- excellent organisational experience and skills;
- acquired the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification or is willing to acquire this within the first two years.
Preferred starting date is between 1 August and 1 September 2022.
The deadline for applications is 3 April 2022. Please apply through the website.