World Monuments Fund (WMF), based in either New York or remotely, is seeking a Ukraine Heritage Crisis Specialist for a 12-month, fixed term position.
- Through networking and outreach, remain informed about developments in the conflict, and, in particular, about impacts of the conflict on heritage places, museums, libraries, and archives;
- Serve as the primary coordinator between WMF and members of the international community seeking to share information and coordinate their efforts in support of Ukrainian cultural heritage;
- Identify and cultivate potential partners for WMF within Ukraine’s cultural heritage sector;
- Identify needs for assistance to Ukraine’s cultural heritage sector and support the development of appropriate response strategies by WMF and its partners;
- Support the implementation of activities by WMF and its partners, through new or existing channels for the delivery of support;
- Support communications with WMF’s global audience regarding the impact of conflict on Ukraine’s cultural heritage;
- Plan for post-conflict intervention by WMF and its partners, including inventorying, condition assessment, and emergency stabilization/protection interventions;
- Serve as internal source of knowledge on matters affecting the conflict and post-conflict recovery.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian society, history, and culture;
- Professional proficiency in Ukrainian and English;
- Background in Heritage Studies, Archaeology, Anthropology, Museum Studies, Regional Development, etc.;
- Experience working in a crisis context or in post-conflict recovery.
- Graduate degree in Eastern European Studies or in a related field (Ukrainian Studies, Soviet/Post-Soviet Studies) and/or in other fields relevant to the mission of World Monuments Fund;
- Professional experience in cultural heritage management, development, and/or emergency response.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
To apply, and for further details, please visit the website.