A permanent position of Associate Professor of Old Norse Philology is available at the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies (ILN), University of Oslo. We are looking for candidates with teaching and research competencies in Old Norse philology, including language, literature, and cultural history. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching and supervising in the BA program in Old Norse and Celtic Studies, along with the MA programs in Viking and Medieval Studies and Viking and Medieval Norse Studies. The person who is appointed will also contribute to maintaining and further developing philological research within the field of the Nordic Middle Ages at ILN.
- PhD or equivalent academic qualifications of relevance for the position
- Documented research competencies in Old Norse philology, including language, literature, and cultural history
- Documented pedagogical skills (either a teaching course certificate or based on teaching experience), see how to document your pedagogical skills
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in a Scandinavian language and English
- Academic qualifications and academic production in Old Norse philology, with emphasis on works published within the last 5 years. Originality and innovative thinking will be weighted more heavily than quantity
- International peer-reviewed publications
- Experience with research projects
- Potential to contribute to the long-term development of the academic and research environment at the Department
Applications are due by 31 March 2022. Please apply through the website.