The Department of History and Art History seeks to appoint a full-time Assistant Professor in Medieval History. The successful candidate will have:
- a PhD degree in early medieval history;
- the ability to play a role in departmental management and to contribute fully to the academic life of the department;
- a supportive attitude towards colleagues, with an open mind towards creative forms of exchange and cooperation, contributing to the academic life of the department;
- a track record in research in early medieval history;
- wide experience in teaching medieval history.
- Candidates are expected to be proficient in both Dutch and English. Non-Dutch candidates will need to master the Dutch language on an academic level within two years.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of one year, as from 1 August 2022 at the latest.
The deadline for applications is 25 March 2022. To apply, please visit the website.