The School of Classics would like to offer one scholarship to a 2022 entrant postgraduate research (PhD) Classics student for the duration of their three year course, with the aim of widening access to students from groups traditionally excluded or under-represented in academia. In making decisions about the award of the scholarship, we will give consideration to a variety of criteria, including, but not limited to the following:
- We may give preference to applicants who self-identify as members of excluded or under-represented minorities.
- We may give preference to applicants who are historically underrepresented in classics (students from ethnic minorities, students with disabilities, students who are the first in their family to attend university).
- We may give preference to applicants from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- We may give preference to applicants who can demonstrate a household income of less than £34,000.
- You may want to say how your application relates to these criteria, and/or to give other arguments in support of your application.
The scholarship will be for a period of 3 years, with full tuition fees covered as well as a stipend of up to £18,000 per annum, consisting of maintenance and (if applicable) NHS surcharge, one return flight per year and visa costs.
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2022. For more information, please visit the website.