Editor for Latin text editions, studies and related publications (print & online)
Your fields of operation:
- General, literary, cultural and religious history of Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
- Traditional and digital text editing.
- You will follow trends within the academic world, principally but not exclusively in late antique and medieval studies.
- You will attract and present new projects within your fields.
- You will establish and maintain good contacts with authors and Editorial Boards.
- You will coordinate all aspects of book and online projects from inception to publication.
- You will formulate and monitor a project budget and follow up your projects at various stages of the assessment and production process.
- You will provide accurate information to your colleagues in Sales & Marketing, Legal, Administration and Production.
Your skills and experience
- You have a passion for or take an active interest in both traditional and digital editing techniques and methodology.
- You have experience in academic publishing and are familiar with the scholarly milieu.
- Digital Humanities appeal to you.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and a thorough knowledge of French academia.
- In addition, you read (medieval) Latin without difficulty and you communicate fluently in Dutch and English. Knowledge of any other languages (classic or modern) is an asset.
- You are a team player, but you are not afraid to work independently.
- You know how to set priorities, but you also excel at maintaining several projects at the same time.
- You have an eye for detail, but you do not lose sight of the bigger picture and the longer term.
- You like to be intellectually challenged, but you are also hands-on.
- You are communicative, creative, flexible, persistent, have a high level of accuracy and a keen attention to detail.
- You have developed project management skills and a sound commercial insight.
What can you expect?
- We offer a permanent contract and competitive terms of employment in a stable and well-structured company. You will join a passionate, international and creative team in a scholarly and technological environment where your input will be important.
- Send your resume and a comprehensive letter of motivation by email to Guy Goelen, HR Consultant at Goelen & Gaukema HR Partners, Antwerpsesteenweg 49, 2350 Vosselaar (near Turnhout). We guarantee a swift response and discreet handling of your application. Please respond by 30 November 2021 at the latest.