Online at the University of Nottingham, Wednesdays, 9, 16, 23 March 2022.
We invite papers which explore representations of spirits and spirituality in the medieval period from c. 600-1400 in Britain and Ireland, including, but not limited to, the following suggestions:
- The influence of Eastern and/or Western patristics
- Representations of spirits and demons
- Approaches to spirituality
- How spirits and spirituality are represented in medieval texts, artefacts, art and material culture
- Alternative spiritualities
The keynotes will be provided by:
- Dr Annie Sutherland (Somerville College, Oxford)
- Dr Katherine Weikert (University of Winchester)
- Dr Francis Leneghan (St Cross College, Oxford)
Please send abstracts of no more than 200 words to: Dr Eleni Ponirakis by 30 November 2021.