The Department of Art History, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic, is looking for a part-time (0.2 FTE) Assistant Professor to carry out research focused on the artistic production of Late Antiquity (esp. iconography and “material studies”), with a special focus on the Italian peninsula and Gaul. The successful candidate is expected to publish and present research results (articles, presentations at conferences, lectures for public, etc.), as well as to contribute to the research activities of the Centre for Early Medieval Studies.
- a PhD degree in Art History
- professional focus on the art culture of Late Antiquity
- rich and verifiable publishing activities in the field of late-antique art history, including publications in renowned foreign publishing houses
- knowledge of the history and cultural and social context of the period
- excellent written and spoken knowledge of Czech
- written and spoken knowledge of English, as well as a high level of knowledge of at least one of the following languages: German, French, Italian
- ability to clearly formulate research results
- ability to work in an international and interdisciplinary team
Applications due 31 October 2021 – please apply through this job advertisement.