The Chair of Medieval English Literature and Culture invites applications for a Lectureship in Middle English Language and Literature (0.8 FTE, fixed-term for 1 year)
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and co-teach a number of courses from our Old and Middle English offering at undergraduate level. The post holder will be required to teach classes in person throughout the academic year, though some courses will be taught in a hybrid online and physical environment. English is the only language of instruction in the Department.
The successful candidate will:
● have a PhD in medieval English literature,
● be able to teach a variety of undergraduate courses in the area of medieval English literature,
● be able to place medieval English literature written in Latin, French, and Old and Middle English in its cultural context,
● have a proven record of research activity and/or publications in medieval English literature commensurate with their career level,
● demonstrate a high level of competence in early and later forms of the Middle English language,
● demonstrate excellence in transferring high-level and current research to the classroom,
● have experience teaching medieval English language and literature at university level.
The post is available for a fixed term of twelve months from 1 September 2021.
Applications are due by 23:59 (CET) 20 June 2021. Interviews will be held online in early July.
Salary will be €33,480 – €52,824 (salary scale 10) gross per year for a full-time position.